Project Growing Up is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy statement sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to our website. We therefore ask you to read this privacy statement carefully.
The information that we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us by: (i) making use of our website and the options on our website (e.g. in the event you would sign a petition or make donation), (ii) subscribing to the receipt of updates by email, (iii) contacting us for information or help.
- Information that our website and other systems collect about you:
- If you visit our website third parties (Analytics) will collect some information about you and your visit, such as your browser type and version and the pages on our site that you visit. Analytics will not collect the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet. You can ask Google to provide an extraction of your data related to the Project Growing Up website.
- If you exchange emails with us, our information technology systems will record details of those conversations
- Information that third parties collect about you on our website by performing actions: This is information about you that you give to third parties (such as Facebook) by making use of the social network sharing buttons and widgets available on our website.
- Information that third parties collect about you on our website by browsing it: This is information about you recorded / tracked by third parties just by making use of the website itself, such as navigating from one page to another (this event will be tracked) or by viewing an embedded Facebook video (if you are logged in Facebook).
The use of your information we collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to process orders and donations.
- to send you updates by email, if you agreed to that. You can opt out of these updates at any time.
- to improve our website based on usage data. For this we only use anonymised data, so it can not be linked to you.
We will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes described above. In doing so, we will consider the balance between your privacy and our interest in processing and refrain from processing if your privacy interest overrides our legitimate interest.
[In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information.]
Disclosure and international transfer of your information
We may disclose personal information about you where we have obtained your consent or where it is reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out above:
- to service providers who host our website or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security;
- to judicial authorities or other public authorities, in case our legal or moral responsibility compels us to do so (e.g. if you express intent about performing a terrorist activity);
- or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory, although only if we are legally required to do so and have no satisfactory basis or prospect to challenge disclosure.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. If you are dealing with us within the European Economic Area, you should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area, which do not have similarly strict data privacy laws.
Retention and deletion of your information
Project Growing Up intends to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it.
We will retain your information for no longer than 2 years after our most recent communication with you, after which it will be deleted or anonymised, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it for a longer period. Contact us for more information.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
- You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
- In some circumstances, you may also have a “data portability” right to require us to transfer your personal data to you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set out below. We are obliged to request proof of identity before access to your personal information is given.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country (details are available here).
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information.
Please email us on email@example.com.